Office address choice, help choose Company Registered Office and Company Physical office
Finding the right office space should be an exciting and challenging thing for any company. During the past ten years, we’ve find many right office locations for our clients and already developed a roadmap on office address choice.
Here we summarized the key information to new companies on how to find a right office in Shanghai.
How to choose a Physical office and Virtual registered address?
If you are starting a new business, saving cost and trying to move most of your money into market, products, and labor etc. is the normal situation. If no special requirement on office location, most company prefer to save cost on office rental fee. Meanwhile there are some companies who don’t need physical office for their business operation, it really waste money to rent a physical office for only company registration purpose. So virtual office should be a good choice to save your cost and lower the pressure at early stage.
StartChinaBusiness is a professional agent who can provide legal address for registration purpose to save your cost.
Advantages for choosing Virtual registered address
1. Lower cost for new companies at early stage;
2. You can rent or change your physical office anywhere in Shanghai, no worry on company licenses change because you use virtual address as registered address. Normally you can continue use it until China national policy changed in the future.
3. Easy to change your company address from virtual office to your physical office in the future.
4. If you are doing good business with enough tax paid to Government, you have chance to get additional rewards from local government by using virtual registered address.
When to start looking for office space?
Most new companies and some small business underestimate the time and effort required to find a right office space. It’s not easy to find a unique office or co-working space within 30 days in Shanghai. So suggest to looking for office options ahead of 2 or 3 months.
What Size office do you need?
1) The rule of thumb has been decreasing from 200 to 250 square feet/person to as low as 100 to 150 square feet/person. Here are a few steps to ensure you’re looking at the right size office. Estimate your staff number based on your lease term, make sure it meets your requirement with two-thirds or three-quarters of your estimated staff, leave slight buffer is better. (1 square meter = 10.7639 square feet)
2) Some office with higher usage rate is preferable. Normally the rectangular spaces is much better than angled corners of a building. When you check the office, please try to know the basic layout.
3) For some companies with existing office, seeking termination rights and expansion rights on contiguous space will not cause big effect to your company, save your cost
How to decide the right office location?
You can evaluate from below two factors: a) Convenient to your important employees; b) Convenient for your customers visit with convenient transportation.